925-year anniversary of Pryluky!

The town of Pryluky was first mentioned in 1085 by Volodymyr Monomakh as a place where he sheltered his troops from the Polovtsians attack. Though Pryluky was already mentioned as the fortress that record in the chronicles was considered the date of the town foundation.
Thus this year the town is going to celebrate its 925 year anniversary.
To provide the deserved celebration of this date the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
issued an order # 114-p of the 27th of January, 2010 “About preparation and celebration in 2010, 925-year anniversary of Pryluky town in Chernihiv region” .
A tentative plan of preparation calls for repair and restoration of the cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, the facades of the buildings of Jewish synagogue (present-day music school) and former estate of Skoropadsky, the monument to Volodymyr Monomakh, park area next to the Square of Eternal Glory and Memorial to the Victims of Fascism, the stadium “Sputnik”, as well as the clean-up of the Udai river. The National Bank was offered to issue a commemorative coin.

Оставить комментарий